Instructions: 1. Blend the filling ingredients.
2. Spread about 1/4 cup filling on each of 6 slices of bread and top with the remaining slices.
3. Combine the batter ingredients in a shallow dish.
4. Dip the sandwiches into the batter on both sides.
5. Brown on both sides in a nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray.
6. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally. If desired, sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar or a dollop of nonfat sour cream or yogurt.
Variation: Bake the batter coated sandwiches in a preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray. The resulting product looks pretty and has a crunch to it.
Harriet Roths Deliciously Healthy Jewish Cooking Dutton/ The Penguin
Email this Recipe:
If you would like to email yourself the recipe for later use, or share the recipe with your friends or family, enter the email addresses below and this recipe will be emailed to you and others as well.