Instructions: 1. Wash rice and leave to drain.
2. Heat ghee in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Fry the cumin with the onion, garlic, ginger and cloves until onion is soft and golden brown.
3. Add the mince and fry over moderately high heat until the mince is browned.
4. Add peas and half cup water, stir well, cover and cook until peas are half done.
5. Add rice and hot water and stir in the salt.
6. Bring quickly to the boil, cover, turn heat very low and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Uncover and sprinkle with garam masala but do not stir. Replace lid and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed and rice is cooked through. Serve hot.
Email this Recipe:
If you would like to email yourself the recipe for later use, or share the recipe with your friends or family, enter the email addresses below and this recipe will be emailed to you and others as well.