Instructions: With this recipe, I was told to not deviate to the left or the right. When I baked it rather than boiling, however, it came out fine - but all adventure is at your own risk! The last time I made it I got into such a frenzy I just kept repeating the recipe until Id used up all our tuna.
1. Grind or food-process the onion and carrot. Add tuna, sugar, matzah meal, salt and pepper to taste. Dont overprocess.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, processing a bit in between each.
3. Pour the mixture down the middle of a piece of baking paper into a loaf shape, fold down the top and sides, and staple the sides. (Have that stapler ready before, because otherwise youll be running all over the house looking while the gloppy mixture oozes all over the paper and your counter.)
4. Freeze the loaf at least overnight.
When you want to eat it,
5. Boil a big pot of water.
6. Add all the other ingredients - sugar, salt, pepper, onion and carrots.
7. Add the fish loaf.
8. Boil on low flame for an hour and a half.
Email this Recipe:
If you would like to email yourself the recipe for later use, or share the recipe with your friends or family, enter the email addresses below and this recipe will be emailed to you and others as well.