Instructions: How to Prepare the Quesadilla:
1. Place the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and let sit for half an hour.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat until it just begins to smoke.
4. Place the chicken in the pan and saute 5 minutes or until golden brown on one side.
5. Lower the heat to medium, turn the chicken over and continue cooking until the chicken is almost cooked through, approximately 4 minutes.
6. Let the chicken sit for 1 minute and slice on the bias into 1/2-inch pieces (the chicken will finish cooking in the oven).
7. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Place 2 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet.
8. Spread 1/2 the cheeses, green onion, and sliced chicken on the 2 tortillas.
9. Stack the 2 layers and cover with the remaining tortilla.
10. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp and the cheese has melted.
11. Cut into quarters and serve hot garnished with the salsa.
How to Prepare the Salsa:
1. Heat a grill on high until it just begins to smoke. Grill the pineapple slices 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
2. Remove and cut into medium dice.
3. Add the cilantro, lime, onion, jalapeno, and olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit at least 1/2 hour.
How to Prepare the Hoisin Vinaigrette:
1. Place the onion, garlic, hoisin sauce and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. With the motor running, slowly add the sesame and olive oil, drop by drop at first, until emulsified.
continued in part 2
Email this Recipe:
If you would like to email yourself the recipe for later use, or share the recipe with your friends or family, enter the email addresses below and this recipe will be emailed to you and others as well.